A Spiritual Education and Retreat Center
Sevenoaks is a spiritual education and retreat center dedicated to providing a safe, beautiful and tranquil haven for individuals seeking to awaken to a deeper experience of body, mind, heart and spirit. It is a place to connect profoundly with the natural world, and with other people who are committed to authenticity and self-revelation.
Our Schedule & Staff
For over four decades, Sevenoaks has been offering a year-round schedule of workshops, retreats and courses. We have become the spiritual home for the Mid-Atlantic Pathwork® and for many other spiritual groups who rent and enjoy our facilities. Sevenoaks staff is made up of professional and spiritually aware individuals who are dedicated to service.
120 Acres of Protected Natural Wilderness
Surrounding the central campus of the retreat center are 120 acres of mostly forest wilderness, untouched for over 40 years, protected by an Open Space Easement from any future development.
The woods, pond and river are abundant with wildlife including deer, fox, raccoons, beavers and otters. Sevenoaks Retreat Center is also a bird watchers’ paradise – redtail hawks, owls, herons, & numerous species of songbirds are commonly seen.
We honor the wisdom of this land and of its natural inhabitants, and know that the land provides a deeply nourishing environment for all those who come here for their own healing and awakening.
Buildings & Grounds
- Meeting rooms for groups of 12-100
- Dining room with serving capacity for 80
- Private & shared accommodations for 45 people
- 4 Break-out rooms
- Studio space for yoga, dance and meditation
- Private house with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, and kitchen can be rented separately
- Private retreat or counseling room
- Small library
- 10 acres of beautifully landscaped central campus with 5 buildings and views of Blue Ridge mountains
- 120 acres of woods and open fields
- Miles of marked Hiking Trails
- Camping areas
- Sweat Lodge
- Sand-lined Bonfire Circle
- Medicine Wheel
- Turtle and frog pond
- Swimming and tubing in the Rapidan River
- Benches for outdoor meditation
- Meditation sanctuary in the woods
- Hammocks and swings for relaxation